- Honda and Acura trucks post record June sales, beating the previous best by more than 3,500 units
- Acura sedan sales double to lead brand increase of 38.6 percent in June
- Acura RDX sets June sales record, up 45.1 percent on sales of 5,056 units
- Honda CR-V sales up rise 8.5 percent with sales of 28,349 for a new June record
Honda trucks had a record month of June, gaining 18 percent. Honda's newest entry in the light truck market—the HR-V—continues to grab consumer attention, with sales topping 7,700 units in June, easily exceeding its stellar debut last month. The best-selling CR-V also enjoyed a record June and despite the strong consumer appetite for trucks, Honda's Accord and Civic continued strong sales while the Honda Fit scorched the sales charts yet again. Odyssey also gained ground in June.
- The best-selling CR-V posted record June sales, realizing a 8.5 percent increase on sales of 28,349 vehicles.
- Overall light truck sales remain on a record pace with Odyssey posting a 6.5 percent increase in June with sales of 11,621, supporting the record sales of CR-V and strong start for HR-V while the all-new 2016 Pilot enters the market.
- Sales of the versatile Fit jumped 26.3 percent, with 4,669 vehicles sold last month, part of the strong passenger car lineup that included combined sales of nearly 60,000 units for Civic and Accord.
Acura sedans stepped into the sales limelight in June, continuing recent momentum and doubling last year's June sedan sales total on the strength of TLX and ILX. Overall Acura sales totaled 15,527, lifting the brand 38.6 percent in June. Not to be outdone, Acura's RDX captured yet another sales record in June while MDX remained in high demand, though somewhat capacity constrained. Overall, Acura truck sales were up 15.2 percent with sales of 9,649 vehicles.
- TLX sales continued to gain momentum, nearly reaching 4,000 units again.
- ILX took a sharp upward turn with a record June performance, gaining 79.1 percent on sales of 1,662. Acura sedan sales totaled 5,878 in June, a 107.9 percent increase.
- The recently refreshed RDX continued to resonate strongly with customers, up 45.1 percent on sales of 5,056 for its best June on record.